Since May 2005
has been delivering the latest breaking news for the facility management
community. Launched as an informal experiment by TFM
Editor Heidi Schwartz (and the number one facility management blog according to Google
search results), this content rich site now hosts more than 2,500 articles including New Product Flashes (Tuesdays), New Service Spotlights (Thursdays), Web Exclusives (when available), and the oh so popular Friday Funny.
With all of that material (delivered on a daily basis for the past several years) and a growing weekly audience, some behind the scenes upgrades and updates have been put into place at FacilityBlog. As of March 1, 2011, the familiar logo (pictured above, left) will be gone. But that is about the only thing being removed from the new site, which will now offer its visitors much better navigation with the help of an improved site wide search feature and drop down category menus based on the most popular subject areas for facility management professionals.
Other additions to the site include:
- Links to related posts at the end of each article;
- Automated subscriptions to the RSS feed and article comments;
- Tools to follow TFMTweets on Twitter or join the TFM community on Facebook;
- Resources to connect visitors with valuable feature articles on facility management from Today’s Facility Manager and corporate relocation from Business Facilities;
- Quick navigation to most popular posts and most recent posts;
- Featured videos; and
- Real time updates from the TFMTweets feed from Twitter.
No posts have been lost from the archives, now accessible by way of the navigation bar located at the top of the page, just above the new logo. The same navigation bar provides access to background information about FacilityBlog and the authors who keep the site filled with the articles and features specifically geared to the facility management audience.
The goal is to make FacilityBlog an even better resource. Did we succeed? Tell us by using the “Leave a comment” link below.