DiHydro Services Inc., located in Sterling Heights, MI, offers facility managers an alternative to pipe replacement and the associated expenses. The company provides a variety of plumbing related services to facilities, and one of those offerings is extending the life of existing pipes.
Over time, the flow of water through a piping system can threaten the integrity of the pipes carrying it. Contributing factors include water chemistry and pH; excessive water velocity; high temperatures; suspended solids in the water; poor pipe installation workmanship; and quality and type of pipe used.
Pipe replacement or repair is costly and time consuming. Water system shutdowns are disruptive and often entail cutting into walls and ceilings to reach pipes. With its engineered corrosion control program, DiHydro works to restore piping at a fraction of the cost of replacement with little to no disruption to a facility’s operations. This program:
- Controls lead, copper, and zinc;
- Controls dezincification of brass piping;
- Stops the effects of velocity and turbulence damage in copper piping;
- Re-opens rust blocked lines in iron, steel, and galvanized piping;
- Seals pinhole and thread leaks;
- Restores flows to fixtures;
- Stops red/brown water; and
- Extends the useful life of the existing piping system by 30+ years
Other posts by