You see them everywhere—intersections, parking lots, and storefronts—but in Houston, TX, the public will no longer be subjected to inflatable marketing devices. This comes after an incident on a shopping center rooftop just yesterday (1/28/10), when an out-of-control inflatable gorilla deflated and caused a fire.
From the AP:
District Chief Fred Hooker says some type of a “blowup doll” was on the roof, the item deflated and landed on some lights, leading to the fire. Fire authorities say two stores suffered minor water damage. Part of the rooftop also was seen to have suffered fire damage. No injuries were reported in the fire early Thursday.
(However, the gorilla is not doing so well…)
Other posts by