Wildfires, earthquakes, and other natural disasters cannot be stopped, but the damage they cause can be lessened. The newest edition of the California construction codes required for use statewide will result in safer communities with more sustainable and resilient buildings.
“The 2013 Title 24 codes are among the most advanced building codes in the industry, setting a new standard for safe, sustainable, and resilient design and construction.” said ICC Chief Executive Officer, Dominic Sims. One of the most visible changes to the 2013 codes is the historic update of California’s accessibility regulations, which integrates the most accessible provisions of the 2010 Americans with Disabilities Act Standards and the current 2010 California Building Code into a single comprehensive document.
The 2013 triennial edition of the California Building Standards Code, Title 24 is now available and includes a subscription service that automatically provides users with all future supplements and errata. Building officials and local government, industry, and design professionals, and the general public can purchase California’s new codes, which go into effect on January 1, 2014 by individual part or in special interest bundles from the International Code Council (ICC).
The 2013 California Building Standards Code, Title 24, include the following parts:
- 2013 California Administrative Code, Title 24 Part 1
- 2013 California Building Code, Title 24 Part 2 (Includes the California Historical Building Code, Part 8 and California Existing Building Code, Part 10)
- 2013 California Residential Code, Title 24 Part 2.5
- 2013 California Electrical Code, Title 24 Part 3*
- 2013 California Mechanical Code, Title 24, Part 4**
- 2013 California Plumbing Code, Title 24, Part 5**
- 2013 California Energy Code, Title 24 Part 6
- 2013 California Fire Code, Title 24 Part 9
- 2013 California Green Building Standards Code, Title 24 Part 11 (CALGreen)
- 2013 California Referenced Standards Code, Title 24 Part 12
The new Title 24 codes are available individually, and specially priced bundles offer savings. The Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing codes are available in print format and Building, Energy, Fire, CALGreen, and Referenced Standards codes are available in both print and PDF Download format for immediate delivery.
For more information or to purchase, visit this link.