FRIDAY FUNNY: Extra Day, Extra Clean
- Clean your desk. Many people have a tendency to stack papers and other work materials in little piles around their desks, which can be helpful for a while. But if those piles are for projects that are finished, file them or throw them away.
- Keep it close. For paperwork that you need to reference frequently, consider a rolling file pedestal. Put very important files in a red folder at the near end of the drawer for quick reference.
- De-clutter. That novelty softball with a vendor’s logo on it? The old mug with a broken handle? All those extra pens? You don’t need them. If you aren’t going to use something on a regular basis, it’s just clutter. Throw it away.
- Get virtually tidy. Don’t forget your computer. Too many people work off of desktops full of dozens of icons for old spreadsheets and documents. If you don’t want to spend time organizing them, just put them all in a single folder and keep your desktop clear.
- Wipe it down. Bring a spray bottle of a common household cleaner to work. Not only will it keep your desk germ-free to wipe it down from time to time, but it will also remind you to keep your desk clear enough that you can wipe it down.
Other posts by