, a Trane franchise that provides energy systems and comprehensive building solutions for commercial and industrial facilities across North Carolina, recently made a $25,000 donation to the College of Engineering at North Carolina A&T State University in Greensboro, NC.
The Ingersoll Rand Foundation, through the Trane
Climate Solutions Group, provided the gift. Presenting the check on behalf of Trane were Jim Brady, district manager, and Donny Simmons, territory vice president.
The check presentation was held November 3 in the lobby of McNair Hall on North Carolina A&T’s campus. Those accepting the donation were:
- Chancellor Harold L. Martin, Sr., Ph.D., North Carolina A&T State University
- Winser Alexander, Ph.D., interim dean, College of Engineering
- Leotis Parrish, assistant dean, College of Engineering
- Dianna Vass, Ph.D., development officer, College of Engineering
- Sameer Hamoush, Ph.D., chair, Civil, Architectural, Environmental and Geomatics Engineering Department
- Gerry Dozier, Ph.D., chair, College of Engineering Computer Science Department
Don Brady, founder of Brady Inc., has been a longtime supporter of North Carolina A&T including mentoring several College of Engineering students during the past 50 years. The donation request came as a result of conversations between Don Brady and Interim Dean Alexander.
“When Winser informed me that the College of Engineering lacked the support necessary to fully fund several vital programs, I felt is was imperative that I get involved,” said Don Brady. “A&T students have interned at Brady Inc. and graduates are employed at Trane.”
Working together, Brady and Alexander drafted a partnership proposal. It contains a request for financial support of critical student needs that include scholarships, internships and design projects. It also contains funding for faculty development. Beyond a request for money, Brady and Alexander proposed expanding internships at Trane and Brady Inc. Following the check presentation, the group convened at a working lunch to plan internship and recruitment programs.