September: National Preparedness Month
- Visit www.ready.gov, which contains information and resources on a wide variety of preparedness topics.
- Enroll as a coalition member of The National Preparedness Program and agree to promote preparedness during the month.
- Join the September 9, 2010 town hall conference call at 2:00 EDT with FEMA executives regarding preparedness and how you can make a difference.
- Arrange a discussion among team members about existing plans and programs for response to potential incidents. Distribute the plan to all stakeholders.
- Set up a meeting with neighbors to share emergency response plans and identify ways you can work together to challenge protocols and responses.
- Set up a table–top session and include property team members, first responders, neighbors, employee groups, and other stakeholders to challenge and update existing plans.
- Contact your local American Red Cross branch to conduct first aid awareness, CPR training, and consider signing up for the Ready Rating program sponsored by the Red Cross.
- Confirm that all staff members have personal emergency response plans in place.
Other posts by